Orginal post on Gift Voucher Kiosk
We talked to thousands of merchants all over the world as we are promoting our gift card (free) solution.
Of course, we are analyzing and listening to those merchants and we discovered that far too many business owners see Gift cards as a simple alternative to paper gift certificates. Most of them invested in a cloed loop Gift Card system and end up very dissapointed and don’t push their Gift Card program.
We also found out that those merchants have nothing in store that would alert customers that they have a gift card program, they don’t promote their gift card system in connection with any other form of communicating like newsetters, direct mailings, newspaper ads, ect.. they don’t make gift cards part of the company culture.
It is no coincidence that all mayor big players incorporate gift cards into every aspect of their business. They make Gift cards part of every marketing campaign and make sure in-store it is visible. It is part of their company culture and this is why gift cards are one of their more successful and cost-effective customers acquisition and retention tools.
5 Ideas to promote your gift cards and acquire more clients
- Direct Email Include always a link to to offer a gift voucher in your direct email with a client (also in replies)
- Website Make sure a link to offer a gift voucher is well present (on top93% of consumers said they intend to purchase Gift Cards within the next year) of the website. We see to often a link at the bottom of the website but Gift Cards generate sales and new clients, why would you hide it?
- Window You store isn’t open 24h a day and your customers don’t always have time to enter your store, so make sure you add publicity on the window so people know you offer gift vouchers online
- Waiting room, Dressing room, Cash registry, Toilets Every place in your store, spa, restaurant,… where people have to wait, make sure they see that guide them to your Gift Cards
- Social Media: Why not regularly promote your Gift cards via Twitter Facebook, instagram, Google+….. Make sure in the About on Facebook you add a link to offer Gift Certificates
What is your excuse not to push Gift Cards more?
Have a look at https://Giftvoucherkiosk.com/partnerwelcome.aspx for more details on how we can help you. We offer a solution where we only take a very small commission when you sold gift vouchers. (Yes very small, we don’t talk about 25% r 50% or more, but much less, we are not Groupon)